There are many ways you can learn, play and help us beautify Tregaron this fall. Come out and enjoy the crisp air and changing leaves with us at Tregaron!
Registration is required for many of these events. Visit our Event Calendar for more details.
* Sunday, Oct. 1, 10:00 am – Landscape History and Stewardship at Tregaron: A Behind-The-Scenes Tour. Sponsored by the Cleveland Park Historical Society (CPHS). Registration opening soon on the CPHS website.
* Saturday, Oct. 21, 10:00 am to 2:00 pm – Volunteer Wildflower Planting. Help us plant hundreds of native wildflowers to attract pollinators and enhance the beauty of our new meadows (and bring a picnic if you’d like)! Equipment will be provided. Kids are welcome if supervised by an adult and willing to help! RSVPs appreciated; email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
* Thursday, Oct. 26, 7:30 pm – Planning for Preservation + Sustainability at Tregaron: A Report to the Community. While we work to preserve and recapture landscape design history at Tregaron, we are now increasingly targeting key sustainability goals, including climate-change resilience. Join us for the release of a new report and a lively discussion about how we will be meeting these dual goals in the coming years. (This report by consulting preservationist Glenn Stach is made possible by a grant from the Dorothea De Schweinitz Fund of the National Trust for Historic Preservation.) The event is free of charge and will be held in the Mansion at the Tregaron Estate. Registration is not required.
* Saturday, Oct. 28, 1:00 to 5:30 pm – Landscape Painting Workshop. Enjoy the fall colors and paint out at Tregaron! Gonzalo Ruiz Navarro, an accomplished artist who teaches painting classes at the Yellow Barn Studio at Glen Echo and regularly exhibits his work in the DC area and beyond, will offer a landscape painting workshop and demonstration by the Lily Pond. Details and registration here.
* Saturday, Nov. 4, 7:30 am – Fall Bird Walk with Jim Nelson. Join us for our second expert-led bird walk this year with Jim Nelson. Jim leads bird walks at the Audubon and other conservancies around the region, and we are thrilled to have him back to guide us through our birding “hot spot.” (For more information, visit Birds of Tregaron.) [This event is at full capacity.]
* Saturday, Dec. 9, 9:00 am – Community Tree Planting at Tregaron with Casey Trees. Help us plant 40 canopy and understory trees in the Klingle Stream valley area of Tregaron. Casey Trees is generously donating the trees and will lead the planting.
If you are interested in sponsoring any of these events, or our season of events, we’d love to hear from you! Contact email@example.com.
We hope to see you at our events — and on the trails — this fall.