Welcome to Tregaron!
Our historic woodland park features trails, wild gardens, open fields, meadows, and a lily pond. We hope you will visit, and return often. Note that our trails are mulched and some feature rustic stairways and stepping stones. Terrain may be uneven. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
Tregaron is open every day, from dawn to dusk, free of charge.
Tregaron is located in Northwest Washington, DC between the Woodley Park and Cleveland Park neighborhoods, with two main entrances:
- Macomb Street Entrance, 3100 Macomb Street, NW: gate located just east of the Washington International School’s driveway, one long block west of Connecticut Avenue NW. Follow the path, turn left up the side of the driveway, and follow signs to the Conservancy’s trails.
- Klingle Road Entrance, 3000 block of Klingle Road, NW (GPS address: 3031 Klingle Road NW): gate located just east of the intersection of Klingle and Woodley Roads NW.
Tregaron has two additional entrances from the adjacent Klingle Valley Trail, a pedestrian/bike path. Bike racks are located near both entrances to Tregaron.
The Washington International School maintains a campus adjacent to the Conservancy, at the Estate’s hilltop, that is closed to the public. There is no fence between the Conservancy and School property; please observe the School’s posted signs.
Public Transportation and Parking
Tregaron is located near the Cleveland Park Metro Station. It is convenient to Metro bus routes via Connecticut Avenue NW and Woodley Road NW. Two-hour parking is available on nearby streets. Two-hour parking restrictions do not apply to vehicles displaying Zone 3 parking permits.
To ensure that everyone can enjoy their visit, Tregaron Conservancy has established the following rules:
- Pedestrians and leashed dogs are welcome to enjoy the park. Strollers are welcomed. Bicycles, motor vehicles and horses are not permitted.
- Please clean up after your pet. Dispose of all waste in our trash and recycling cans near the Klingle Road Entrance. Please take your trash/recycling out with you if you visit with a large group. (Permission is required for large-group visits.)
- Smoking and open fires are not permitted.
- Camping is not permitted.
- Please help us maintain our gardens by walking only on trails, footpaths and in open fields, and by staying clear of newly-planted areas.
Events, Photography and Videography
- Permission is required from the Conservancy to reserve a specific area of the park, to use the Conservancy for school, camp or after-school groups, or to use the Conservancy for any commercial purpose.
- Photography and videography for any commercial purpose (including individual or group shots by professional photographers) is not permitted without advance written approval from the Conservancy.
If you have questions or would like to submit a request to reserve event space, bring a school, camp or after-school group, or to perform professional or commercial photography/videography at Tregaron, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting the Tregaron Conservancy!